Thursday, April 27, 2017

Changes to Our Sewing Group

Changes

We've had a few changes in our little sewing group- the main one being that I (Carrie) have moved 230 miles away from Vernal, so the organization has changed a bit. A kind volunteer (Aja) has taken over the memory box program and has sent boxes to both of the Uintah Basin Hospitals (Vernal & Roosevelt)! These can be so helpful as parents are faced with leaving the hospital empty handed.

The sewing days have changed a bit, with the volunteers in the Basin deciding to make clothing for local needs only, and I'll be working on the needs of the other small hospitals in Utah. A new opportunity has come for me as well. I'll be meeting with parents in the hospital in Box Elder County (North West Utah). This will be different than sending clothing and memory boxes alone. In Uintah County, there is already a parents' group set up, so we only needed to supply them with clothing and things, but now I'll be meeting with parents in person, and will be able to make sure they get the items sent. I'm a bit nervous, hoping I don't say the wrong things, but I am also willing to do what is needed in my new area. It's a good thing that the name of our group says "Small Town Support," because we are still able to serve the small towns in Utah, no matter which part of the state we live in. We hope that hospitals and nurses will still be supported as they try to serve their patients, and we hope that parents will be given a measure of peace to know they are not alone in their grief.
Thanks for your support everyone!

No comments: